Session Type: Convention, Management Workshop
Location: Convention CenterRoom Number: 153
Available Dates & Times
|Construction is going through an industrialization phase of it’s lifecycle with the competition no longer just between union and open-shop contractors, but from overseas as well. Contractors are under constant pressure to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste. This program will discuss the five factors of industrialization, how to restructure companies and manage projects to stay ahead of the game, and methods and tools to successfully transition through the phase of industrialization.|
Heather Moore is Vice President of Operations for MCA Inc and has taught several classes for NECA, MCAA and MCAA of Canada; contributed to several research projects for the Electrical Contracting Foundation, MCAA, the New Horizons Foundation, and the National Association of Wholesaler-Distributors. She is a Ph.D. Candidate in Construction Management at Michigan State University focusing on information from the point of installation on construction jobsites. Additionally she holds an MBA, University of Michigan-Flint, and a B.S.E. in Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. She specializes in process design and operations research. Heather has experience working with the construction industry, and currently works with contractors and distributors across the country on process improvement and productivity measurement.
1. ASTM Standard E2691 – “Job Productivity Measurement”, American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), Published (contributor)
• Heather is also the subcommittee secretary on the ASTM E06.81 Building Economics subcommittee.
• Moore, H; Daneshgari, P.: “Application of ASTM E2691 Standard Practice for Job Productivity Measurement in Agile Construction®”, Pending publication
3. She has conducted research projects for construction and distribution:
• We Built This City – Study of union market share in large cities.
• Developing a Format for Calculating Market Share
• Investigating Lean Production Principles
4. She has co-authored several articles that highlight principles of productivity and waste reduction in the construction and distribution industries.
5. She has taught several classes and workshops within contractors and to contractor associations on the topics of Agile Construction®
6. She has co-presented in several annual conferences, including:
a. 2013 NECA/ELECTRI International January Council Meeting in January 2013
b. 2012 Annual NWCCC Conference in November 2012
c. 2012 Annual MCAA of Canada National Conference in November 2012